anti-cheat
Posted by Itrappedlol on May 25th 2023, 8:16AM
it would be good if you add an anti-cheat just in case brickplanet blows up in popularity and you know hackers target big games they always did and if brickplanet Grows a lot and becomes a huge game, more hacks are gonna be created
so yeah it would be good to have an anti-cheat.
Posted by isabella on May 25th 2023, 11:01AM
theyre adding an anti-cheat to the new client
Originally posted by isabella on May 25th 2023, 11:01AM
Posted by Itrappedlol on May 25th 2023, 3:41PM
oh.
Originally posted by isabella on May 25th 2023, 11:01AM
Posted by Itrappedlol on May 25th 2023, 3:41PM
i just didnt see that
Posted by x86 on May 26th 2023, 8:55AM
I disagree with this suggestion, because some (or maybe most, not sure) anti-cheat software run on the kernel level which is honestly a potential security risk (having such a privileged program that's not a trusted system driver).

Anti-cheat would also not allow Linux users to play BrickPlanet as most anti-cheats block the use of a translation layer and is also not trusted by the Linux community.

To the BrickPlanet technical team: Please don't make the same mistake Roblox made! Thank you.
Originally posted by x86 on May 26th 2023, 8:55AM
I disagree with this suggestion, because some (or maybe most, not sure) anti-cheat software run on the kernel level which is honestly a potential security risk (having such a privileged program that's not a trusted system driver).

Anti-cheat would also not allow Linux users to play BrickPlanet as most anti-cheats block the use of a translation layer and is also not trusted by the Linux community.

To the BrickPlanet technical team: Please don't make the same mistake Roblox made! Thank you.
Posted by x86 on May 26th 2023, 8:59AM
And by potential security risk, I mean it as a risk for the user, not BrickPlanet.
Originally posted by Itrappedlol on May 25th 2023, 8:16AM
it would be good if you add an anti-cheat just in case brickplanet blows up in popularity and you know hackers target big games they always did and if brickplanet Grows a lot and becomes a huge game, more hacks are gonna be created
so yeah it would be good to have an anti-cheat.
Posted by EllernateFan on May 27th 2023, 6:40PM
Please I want to hack

No anti cheat plz
Posted by EllernateFan on May 27th 2023, 6:40PM
I don't wanna ruin the website I love this place
Originally posted by EllernateFan on May 27th 2023, 6:40PM
Please I want to hack

No anti cheat plz
Posted by Itrappedlol on Jun 3rd 2023, 5:20PM
i mean if you hack ur gonna get banned lol
Originally posted by x86 on May 26th 2023, 8:55AM

Posted by Itrappedlol on Jun 3rd 2023, 5:21PM
dude just because you use linux it dosent mean the whole world uses linux and also anticheat isnt a virus so idk what you are talking about
Originally posted by Itrappedlol on Jun 3rd 2023, 5:20PM
i mean if you hack ur gonna get banned lol
Posted by EllernateFan on Jun 4th 2023, 4:15PM
Not if it's on an alt on another device, IP, and location???

Lol smart
Originally posted by EllernateFan on Jun 4th 2023, 4:15PM
Not if it's on an alt on another device, IP, and location???

Lol smart
Posted by Itrappedlol on Jun 4th 2023, 5:01PM
um ok but i mean i dont support hackers so if i see one i report even if they create an alt