State of BP (Open discussion)
Posted by snail on Apr 5th 2024, 10:01PM
Incoming yap session. Wanted to take some time to discuss the state of BP from my point of view. Anyone is welcome to give their opinion as well in the replies (I encourage admins especially if they have anything important to bring up that I'm not aware of). tl;dr at the bottom

In my opinion, BP is at a very low point right now. Obviously, I don't know what's going on behind the scenes, but from the point of view of a regular player, things are incredibly dry. The only thing that seems to happen is that every few days a new item gets added to the shop. While I personally don't exactly agree with the way that shop items are being handled (topic for another day I suppose), I can appreciate that it's pretty much the only indication that the platform is still alive.

Something that I think will benefit BP is more events. I've heard time and time again that they're on the way... but nothing seems to happen. Because of this, the BP dev community only has a handful of active members, and there really just doesn't seem to be much for the average player to look forward to. The platform desperately needs some sort of push or incentive to motivate people to actually interact with the workshop, or even the Games tab in general. Personally, I believe monthly events could be huge for bringing more attention to BP games. Doesn't need to be anything fancy, just announce a theme (perhaps in the discord) at the start of every month, and offer the top 3 games some sort of credit reward/exclusive item (maybe even a participation item for anyone that submitted a game). Then there could be a small recap in the brickplanet showcase, then rinse and repeat. Consistency is key.

tl;dr: Nothing to do atm. BP dev community in shambles. Monthly events could help bring more activity to the site.
Posted by EllernateFan on Apr 5th 2024, 10:55PM
It is quite dead, but I do think there are some ways we could change that, as you said events. Don't worry, we'll have an event soon!
Posted by TwentyCharactersLong on Apr 5th 2024, 11:05PM
The site and discord is deserted due to the lack of activity in the community. As Ive been saying before, I believe they should come up with some strategies to pull some users in.
Originally posted by TwentyCharactersLong on Apr 5th 2024, 11:05PM
The site and discord is deserted due to the lack of activity in the community. As Ive been saying before, I believe they should come up with some strategies to pull some users in.
Posted by EllernateFan on Apr 6th 2024, 12:01AM
I believe Isaac said he would find a way to advertise
Originally posted by TwentyCharactersLong on Apr 5th 2024, 11:05PM
Posted by tinfoil on Apr 6th 2024, 12:16AM
they would likely be doing great if the site didnt shutdown 9028390123890213 times
Posted by Dolla on Apr 6th 2024, 1:29AM
Me and Jacko are working on some things, not sure when they will come to live but events are in the works no worries
Originally posted by Dolla on Apr 6th 2024, 1:29AM
Me and Jacko are working on some things, not sure when they will come to live but events are in the works no worries
Posted by EllernateFan on Apr 6th 2024, 2:16AM
Let's good

Keep up the great work Dolla!!
Originally posted by snail on Apr 5th 2024, 10:01PM
Incoming yap session. Wanted to take some time to discuss the state of BP from my point of view. Anyone is welcome to give their opinion as well in the replies (I encourage admins especially if they have anything important to bring up that I'm not aware of). tl;dr at the bottom

In my opinion, BP is at a very low point right now. Obviously, I don't know what's going on behind the scenes, but from the point of view of a regular player, things are incredibly dry. The only thing that seems to happen is that every few days a new item gets added to the shop. While I personally don't exactly agree with the way that shop items are being handled (topic for another day I suppose), I can appreciate that it's pretty much the only indication that the platform is still alive.

Something that I think will benefit BP is more events. I've heard time and time again that they're on the way... but nothing seems to happen. Because of this, the BP dev community only has a handful of active members, and there really just doesn't seem to be much for the average player to look forward to. The platform desperately needs some sort of push or incentive to motivate people to actually interact with the workshop, or even the Games tab in general. Personally, I believe monthly events could be huge for bringing more attention to BP games. Doesn't need to be anything fancy, just announce a theme (perhaps in the discord) at the start of every month, and offer the top 3 games some sort of credit reward/exclusive item (maybe even a participation item for anyone that submitted a game). Then there could be a small recap in the brickplanet showcase, then rinse and repeat. Consistency is key.

tl;dr: Nothing to do atm. BP dev community in shambles. Monthly events could help bring more activity to the site.
Posted by 86 on Apr 6th 2024, 2:16AM
could be worse, could be better

lets just have some optimism
Originally posted by EllernateFan on Apr 6th 2024, 2:16AM
Let's good

Keep up the great work Dolla!!
Posted by EllernateFan on Apr 6th 2024, 2:16AM
*go