Game Client and Workshop Suggestions
Posted by not 86 on Dec 30th 2023, 3:18AM
add an option where if im dragging a part (movement not scaling or rotating), it will stop moving if it collides with another part so its easier to connect 2 parts when building
Posted by not 86 on Dec 30th 2023, 3:21AM
in the docs, rename the "Data" tab to something else. "Data" is too vague. rename it to "Game Data" or "Services" or "Game Services"
Posted by not 86 on Dec 30th 2023, 5:53PM
create a script function called "SetSpawn(x, y, z)" so that games are less buggy. it kinda annoys me that you gotta wait for the player to spawn, then teleport them to the "new" spawn location cuz it looks janky.
Posted by not 86 on Dec 30th 2023, 5:56PM
when youre moving and jumping, reduce or remove the time it takes to come to a complete stop (i dont like how "slippery" it is). i know you can cancel the velocity by going in the opposite direction for a brief moment but cmon
Posted by not 86 on Dec 30th 2023, 5:57PM
in the workshop, relocate where the console is (the thing where i can see error messages and print statements)
Posted by not 86 on Dec 30th 2023, 6:03PM
im pretty sure the fps counter doesnt work properly cuz i set the max fps to 1000 and now its saying that im getting ~500 fps and im pretty sure that my laptop doesnt run at 500 fps
Posted by not 86 on Dec 30th 2023, 6:09PM
when scripting in the workshop, add an auto indentation feature to improve code readability and increase coding productivity
Posted by not 86 on Dec 31st 2023, 2:20AM
add shiftlock (the thing from roblox)

if you DONT know what it is: your character and camera move with the mouse without having to hold right click (so your characters back should always face you) but youre in 3rd person
Posted by not 86 on Dec 31st 2023, 2:22AM
BUG: if you switch tabs/windows (without leaving) then go back to the game window and try to look around in 3rd person, the character is always looking in the direction of the camera (the players back is always facing towards you)
Posted by not 86 on Dec 31st 2023, 2:23AM
suggestion: make it easier for the player to get off of a truss (ladder). when i reach the top of a truss (ladder), i usually get stuck and cant go above it.
Posted by not 86 on Dec 31st 2023, 2:36AM
suggestion: cache the textures into the game file so textures load on the loading screen, not when im in the game
Posted by not 86 on Dec 31st 2023, 2:52AM
fix scale snap in the workshop. if i set the scale snap to 0.1, i expect the size of the part to change in increments of 0.1, not 1/3's . Its just very confusing how the relationship between the scale increment vs the scale snap value
Posted by not 86 on Dec 31st 2023, 2:55AM
allow me to delete a part, script, etc.

ways you can implement this:

- clicking backspace/delete when an object is selected
- right clicking the object in the explorer tab and then a gui pop-up gives an option to delete
- add a delete button in the objects property tab
Posted by not 86 on Dec 31st 2023, 2:56AM
allow me to move around in the workshop (when editting, not in test mode) without having to hold down the right mouse button
Posted by not 86 on Dec 31st 2023, 2:58AM
let me create folders in the explorer to help me organize stuff