Gameplay Idea for BrickPlanet (Movement Related)
Posted by NimbusSkyheart on Jul 27th 2023, 7:27AM
I'm not entirely sure if this would be a great idea, but I always thought that this could make the gameplay very fun!

I always thought about Brickplanet's movement being a lot more speedy, fluid and fun I guess?
Basically like having a bit of a parkour type of platforming movement of sorts like Mario 64, a Hat In Time...
or probably OTHER better examples out there that could be taken from other games out there. As a DEFAULT option for game devs on this site.
Whether you want to turn the player-movement on or not.

Of course BP wouldn't strictly be a place that's always a platformer-styled game everywhere, especially when people can script and make vastly different experiences gameplay-wise and all. I still find this idea to be something that COULD add to ANY game on the site.
(and obviously it'd be customizable/changeable for whoever creates a game and want to make it a certain way [unless they decide to turn off the "Dynamic Movement" mobility option or whatever--], and its possible to change it in-game/mid-game via scripts or whatever)

=======================================

EVEN IF scripting would honestly be able to achieve this off the bat already and it'd be rendered redundant...
Having this as a default option that can be turned on OR off for the person making their game, AND being able to customize it if they WANT to use "Dynamic Movement", just sounds fun to me. And probably would make the game(s) even more lively depending on whatever type of game you'd wanna make!

Its just a spitball of an idea and it IS kinda dumb due to scripting already allowing you full freedom to do that already, but having a built-in mobility/movement option that you can turn on OR off as the dev of your game just sounds fun, I dunno. If you have any two cents OR if you have BETTER ideas then type it out! I love seeing ideas anyways, even if it might be a bad idea lol.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Although... Somewhat unrelated though, but generally speaking even without the "Dynamic Movement option" idea that you could turn on in your game or not.. even if the Dynamic Movement thing doesn't happen/if it does happen and any dev choses not to use it, the movement should STILL at least have gravity/weight and speed when moving around in general though. Unless you intentionally want low-gravity, idk-- Mainly saying this due to how the gameplay was like on the previous BP build that was public before they decided to revamp again because the jump physics was slow/floaty/slippery lol--)
Posted by FlreCatMagic on Jul 30th 2023, 6:41AM
literally bopimo
Originally posted by FlreCatMagic on Jul 30th 2023, 6:41AM
literally bopimo
Posted by NimbusSkyheart on Aug 13th 2023, 3:57PM
I

Did NOT realize that until now, oh god--

I MEAN... Its still not entirely a bad idea regardless
Buuuuut... yeahno I completely forgot Bopimo existed omg--